Sunday 23 May 2010

This is what I consider to be Art Photography


The orignality of black and white, the magic of frozen moment capturing thousands of exploding droplets in a fraction of a second, creating this amazing image is what I consider artistic piece of work, being exhibited in the galleries and what I would frame and put on my wall of living room.
Andrew Zuckerman proves one thing in this photograph: Technical advances in photography have overtaken the power of the naked eye, and expanded the horizons of perception.
Andrew used a device which connected a light source to a microphone, the noise of the explosion would then activate the camera shutter.
The essential elements of the photograph are the black and white: the solidity of the background and the liquid immortalized in a single moment of movement and transformation.
Applying some of the strategies of viewing the photograph by Stephen Shore, the first that crossed my mind was: the time in which the photograph has been taken.
Looking at the image this is confusing. If I take into consideration that the first
high speed motion camera was used in the 1916, this would mean that the image could have been taken anytime from that year until now.
I assume that applying Shore's strategie wouldn't clarify my question in the case of this photograph and only thing which is clear enough to me is that Andrew Zuckerman not only froze a moment in time, but also eliminated any sense of time itself.


www.nd.edu/~jmayes/Papers/Intelligent%20Photography.ppt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_speed_photography

http://andrewzuckerman.com/site.html#?dr=0

No comments:

Post a Comment